Slip sheets are an innovative solution that offers logistics and production companies many advantages over traditional pallets. Due to their size and material, they are easier to handle and take up much less space with or without goods – a real economic advantage for logistics and manufacturing companies.
Economic Benefits of Slip Sheets
- Lighter weight: Pallets are made of hardwood and are very heavy due to their structure, with an average weight of 45 lbs. In comparison, slip sheets weigh approximately 1.5 lbs for a 51×43 inch sheet, which is a great advantage in logistics. Especially for stackable goods, the weight of the pallets can account for up to 20-30% of the total weight. With the slip sheet solution, this can be reduced to a fraction of this, so that smaller loading trolleys or even racking systems are sufficient.
- Lower height: The height of slip sheets is much lower compared to conventional pallets. Even the thickest shipsheet measures under 1/4″, compared to a typical pallet height of 6 inches. This can result in significant space savings in both storage and transportation.
- Zero maintenance: With many traditional logistics solutions, maintenance can be a major challenge, especially hygiene and the replacement of broken or damaged pallets. With slip sheets, no such maintenance is required, as damaged pallets can be easily replaced, while there is simply no room for rodents to infest.
- Highly customizable: Due to the material and thickness of slip sheets, they are much easier to shape and some types can even be resized on site.
- An environmentally friendly solution: Companies have to spend more and more on environmental protection, which is reflected in logistics, including the cost of waste collection. Repsco slip sheets are made of high-quality recycled plastic that can be reused later and produce much less waste.
Repsco, Inc. offers slip sheet products to suit all your business needs. They cost a fraction of the price of traditional pallets but make economic sense for a whole host of other reasons. With plastic slip sheets, you can make your logistics processes more efficient, more transparent, and significantly more economical.