As the name implies, slip sheets are flat surfaces used as palettes, in many cases these slipsheets are made from recyclable plastic. However, it is also available in other composite materials including paperboard and solid fiber in many cases resulting in an inferior product. As a viable alternative to wooden pallets, the slipsheet offers convenience in loading and dispensing goods in transit. As a feasible and cost-effective alternative to traditional pallets, slipsheets are favored by both manufacturers and logistics companies. They are eco-friendly, safer, and less costly than conventional pallets, not to mention they take up less warehouse/truck space allowing for more goods to be transported.
Many companies have embraced slip sheets in recent decades for several reasons, including streamlining productivity, increasing storage space, reducing shipment weight, expediting distribution and transportation procedures, and enhancing a sanitary work environment. The product typically follows the shape of a pallet (square), but due to the malleability of the material, it can easily be made into a specific size or shape.
A forklift’s front end must be equipped with a push-pull assembly to use slip sheets and stack or remove load correctly.
The benefits of plastic slip sheets
The benefits of this solution include:
- Easy maneuverability: Manufacturing and packaging industries benefit from slip sheets for efficient freight dispersal and easy maneuverability, which is highly advantageous as opposed to wooden pallets.
- High ROI: Return on Investment is much higher due to the lower price and higher durability and product life compared to traditional wooden pallets.
- Less weight: A slip sheet weighs approximately 0.5 kg, on the other hand, a wooden pallet can weigh up to 12-20 kg. You can save up to 20 kg weight per pallet, totaling 640 kg per truck.
- More sanitary: The large unused area between the pallets can be easily infested by rodents that can damage the goods. In addition, plastic slip sheets do not require any special treatment such as fumigation or disinfection.
- Racking efficiency: While 1,000 slip sheets occupy only one square meter, 1,000 wooden pallets occupy more than 70 square meters, making a significant difference in the space required by each solution.
From the above benefits, it is easy to see why slip sheets are a better solution than traditional pallets, but the combination of price advantage (slip sheets cost around 85% less than wood pallets) and sustainability has convinced many companies to make the switch.
Why partner with Repsco?
Repsco Inc manufactures extruded plastic sheet products that are custom-designed. For over 35 years, the company was committed to improving every element of the recycling process, from sourcing materials to refining the process to produce polymers of the highest quality for reuse.
When working with Home Depot, Repsco helped save the world-famous home improvement and furniture retailer more than $7 million in logistics. If you are a manufacturer or a logistics provider and are interested in how you could benefit from plastic slip sheets, don’t hesitate to give us a call or submit a quote request – our customer success team is always happy to help you determine if Plastic Slipsheets are right for your company.