Slip Sheets are an innovative solution that offers logistics and production companies many advantages over traditional pallets. Due to their size and material, they are easier to handle and take up much less space with or without goods – a real economic advantage for logistics and manufacturing companies. In this article, we show how slip sheets can help your company achieve greater transparency and flexibility and how you can significantly reduce your logistics costs.
What are SlipSheets?
In commercial transport, slip sheets are thin, pallet-sized sheets of plastic, heavy laminated kraft paper, or corrugated fibreboard used to replace traditional wooden pallets. A slip sheet is used to support wares loaded onto it during transportation and delivery.
This solution, as well as pallets, is usually needed to facilitate the handling, storage, and transportation of goods. Products are typically packed in packages (e.g., cans or cartons), a certain number of which fit on a pallet or an intermediate shelf. These can then be stacked on top of each other, which means much better use of space in logistics.
Economic benefits of slipsheets
Why does it make sense to use slip sheets instead of pallets?
- Lighter weight: Pallets are made of hardwood and are very heavy due to their structure, with an average weight of 20 kg. In comparison, slip sheets weigh 620 g/m2, which is a great advantage in logistics. Especially for stackable goods, the weight of the pallets can account for up to 20-30% of the total weight. With the slip sheet solution, this can be reduced to a fraction of this, so that smaller loading trolleys or even racking systems are sufficient.
- Lower height: The height of slip sheets is much lower compared to conventional pallets. Even the most massive versions are smaller by half an inch, but in the standard case, you should expect less than half the height of a wooden pallet. This can result in significant space savings of up to 15-20% in both storage and transportation.
- Zero maintenance: With many traditional logistics solutions, maintenance can be a major challenge, especially hygiene and the replacement of broken or damaged pallets. With slip sheets, no such maintenance is required, as damaged pallets can be easily replaced, while there is simply no room for rodents to infest.
- Highly customizable: Due to the material and thickness of slip sheets, they are much easier to shape and some types can even be resized on site.
- An environmentally friendly solution: Companies have to spend more and more on environmental protection, which is reflected in logistics, including the cost of waste collection. Repsco slip sheets are made of high-quality recycled plastic that can be reused later and produces much less waste.
Repsco, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, offers slip sheet products to suit all your business needs. They cost a fraction of the price of traditional pallets but make economic sense for a whole host of other reasons. With plastic slip sheets, you can make your logistics processes more efficient, more transparent, and significantly more economical.